बाल गीतहरु भाग १ Children Songs, Vol. 1



This is a tape that my parents acquired while we were stationed in Nepal, sometime between 1985 and 1988. I believe it was produced/recorded by someone they knew through the school my brother and I went to, but I have not been able to find out exactly who made it. I know that the schoolchildren singing are Nepali, and can infer that the tape was most likely produced by a teacher.

The music is mostly synthetic, but I believe I can hear occasional live instrumentation such as tablas in the background. There are songs in English and in Nepali. Through a contact of my mother, there is a loose translation of the song titles in the notes below.
Artist/Composer: Unknown


SIDE A:
1.Kopila Hu
[I am a flower bud]
2. The more we get
3. Basuriko Dhunsanga
[With the music of the flute]
4.Hot Cross Buns
5.Ka Kha Ga Gha
[These are the first four characters of the Nepali alphabet, like A B C D)
6.One one sun
7.Maro Gau Jyamire
[Jyamire, My Village]
8.Ding Dong Bell
9.Malekhuko pul bhatkiyo
[The bridge over the River Malekhu is broken]


SIDE B:
1. Nepalka Hami Sana
[We are small, we are from Nepal]
2.This old man
3.Yumi chaymha laya du (Newari)
Batoma Yeuta Kamila Cha (Nepali)
[There is an ant on the street]
4.My bonnie lies over the ocean
5.Row, row, row your boat
6.Karyasil Jindagi
[Life with much accomplished]
2.Jun Deshko Matoma
[In the soil of the country]

यो संग मिल्दाजुल्दा



0 Responses